- Zoom out, look around. What is this? Where is it?
- If this image interests you, explore and learn more.
In very dry lands, farmers use pivot irrigation. They drill a hole for water, then spin a dripping pipe around to give water to the crops. Hence the circular shape.
This site is near Tabuk, Saudi Arabia. The photo is more recent, and shows more crop circles.
- How far down do these pipes go to get the water?
- Is there enough water underground to water the crops?
- What percentage of crops in the world use pivot irrigation?