- Zoom out, look around. What is this? Where is it?
- If this image interests you, explore and learn more.
Location on map
Image with labels
Open Google Map
Mississippi River Delta
The Mississippi River Delta is formed by many tons of silt, carried by the river, and deposited as the river reaches the Gulf of Mexico.
• On a map or atlas, follow the full path of the Mississippi River
• How much silt is deposited in the delta every year?
• Investigate the canal system in the delta. Why did people make these canals?